View Single Post
  #159   ^
Old Mon, May-27-19, 08:36
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I'm on my side. I just have not figured out what side that is yet. My first reaction was HOLY COW! I still feel that way. But now I'm not sure if it is a reaction to an unbelievable calcium reduction on an incomprehensible mistake. I am a software developer and data analyst. If I were told to test and debug the new report format and was given both of my results as examples my gut feeling is that I would expect to find a bug or two in the new report. An 85% drop in the LAD while only an 8% drop in the LCX??? But then again, how many of these scans have they done since the format change? Surely a major problem would have been caught by now.

That's why I really do need to talk with the doctor that reviewed my scan. I want to make sure that he reviewed both. One problem with getting unbelievable results is that they are unbelievable. Dave Feldman said that he'd only heard of two examples of a CAC score dropping by more than 100. Mine dropped nearly 200. My doctor didn't even call me about it. She left that to the cardiologist and he didn't have anything to say either. So excitement has turned to doubt. I do think my score went down. But down 54%? I need more confirmation to erase my doubts. It doesn't help that they changed their software and results report in the past 2 years. I went to the same lab and was scanned by the same machine for a reason. I wanted results that were comparable with a high degree of accuracy. New software, new algorithms. new formulas, and a fresh new layout was not what I'd hoped for. That only threw mud in the water.

I'll keep you all posted. IMHO, they should be very interested in looking into this. If there is a problem with my results, then they've got a serious problem. People are not paying $160 a pop for meaningless results.

BTW: Thanks for the offer, Thud. That was very nice of you. But the test isn't that expensive. I don't live in New Zealand.