View Single Post
  #102   ^
Old Thu, May-14-15, 04:46

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

Maxime, I also have a hard time sticking to low carb. In my case, I NEED to do it because of my diabetes. If I eat carbs, my blood sugar spikes off the charts and that is life-threatening. I know I could lose my eyesight or my toes, kidney function. This is why I get really angry with myself when I eat carbs. I don't know why I can't just grow up and be an adult about it. It's not like I'm a child and don't know better. I do not eat sweets. They just don't interest me and I will eat a bite of something my husband has, occasionally, but can easily pass it up. I have also pretty much given up pizza and althought I used to love it, it doesn't draw me like it used too. If DH gets pizza, I like to scrape the cheese and toppings into a bowl of lettuce and have a pizza salad. It's good. Bread and pasta are my biggest downfalls. I love eating a sandwich and this is where I stray. I have pasta maybe once a month, and I try to take a small portion and then load up on salad and meatballs.

Years ago, when Atkins came out, I had already lost weight eating everything, but in small portions. After that, I used a form of Atkins to maintain for 10 years. I was still keeping my calories low, but when I did eat, it was mostly protein. The only carbs I was eating was things like fried breaded chicken. I lived alone and was able to keep the carbs out of the house so it wasn't a problem. Occasionally I would go to MCDonald's and get a small order of fries if I was craving. Once, then forgotten. This was all before I was diagnosed with diabetes. I let DH's eating habits become mine and ended up with 80 extra lbs, which brought with it heart disease and diabetes.

I also don't want to go into ketosis. I would like to be able to control my portions and eat a very small portion of starchy foods, the way I did the first time I lost weight. But when the panty and refrigerator are full, the food seems to call my name. I am constantly trying to strengthen my resolve.