View Single Post
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-19, 12:49

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Just to be clear REAL ADD/ADHD is a brain affected by low dopamine. With out addressing this, every other "treatment" is only support, and not a fix.

Both my kids are very thin. By todays standards. One can pinch 1/2 inch the other 1/4 inch. Obesity is not an issue for MY kids. One works out a lot; the other needs to be pushed off his chair and today I made him go to the gym. ( That has taken 4 months of mother maneuvering of a teen.)

I dont use BMI tables as I see everything from my oldest to a friend of my youngest son, who takes after his dad who is built like a 5'8" Hulk.

I have ADD' and I suspect my father had ADD, so my son has ADD.

------------------

My kids ate/eat much better than , say 90% of US kids. I have 2. One is ADD the other is not. Yet both ate the same as children. ANd I ate the same as a pregnant mother--- I ate from the allowed list in DANDR in vast quantities. Oh and Ice cream too! lol Read lots of fats and lots of vegies.

Both got bottle fed because they were both tongue tied-- one fixed at 6 mo, and the other at 2 years-- right, the DOCTOR DID NOT check the second baby despite the history of the first baby. ( CRIMINAL) I now question the quality of the formula milk dispite the addition of DHA added to the formula.
------

Lately I have been thinking about the vaccines again. Because of the measles? outbreak. Hmm, 150 is not a lot, but we are used to a zero number.

I am in favor of use of vaccines, but when I asked for more information from the pediatrician , she just shouted me into submission. (She is the same do that didnt check for tongue tie, and didnt see the autism in baby #1. ) My questions stemmed from a change made in the vaccinating of foals-- that the vaccinations were actually causing the baby horses to get sick because the vaccine was using up the m other's passively transferred immune cells are used up; hence, delay the vaccinations until the passive immunity has lost its effectiveness. Hmmmm, why wouldnt this also be applicable to human babies. ( What I didnt know is that these doctors are controlled by the government dictates. ) Maybe the schedule is a problem....?

In dogs, there is vet support to minimize vaccination to puppies. My dogs are minimally vaccinated these days; my rotties had every vaccine under the sun. Hmmm........ why cant my kids be minimally vaccinated?

Even in horses we do not vaccinate for EVERY disease. When there is an outbreak of one like "strangles" only the at risk horses, those in a barn of the outbreak is vaccinated. Horses get fewer vaccinations now than 25 years ago.

Now I come back to human vaccines, and in particular myself. Some years ago when contact lenses where a new thing, I got them too. The cleaning solution had a chemical preservative called thimersol--- my eyes swelled shut for 24 hours. Just laying on my bed, using my hands to find the bathroom for 24 hours. THIS IS USED in vaccines. THere are vaccines that were too high risk-- FLU shots, for one.

But did anyone, look at this in children??? The thimersol.

------
My kids got meats right away, 'cause I can remember chewing it up for them.... and though I did water down the juice, juice and cereals left our house asap.

Both my babies had the same environmental exposure to nutrients; one is a quick witted 'normal" boy, and his brother is ADD.
----

High intensity turns on the ability to pay attention. I can yell and get the same effect.

To have my son to live keto does not change his ADD significantly.

My son is not HYPER. He has the quieter version that is usually missed in girls. He can sit quietly, actually TOO QUIETLY, as he is not interacting with what is going on around him. I didnt know he was different until I had second baby who was a go- go -go check out the world interest. So my oldest is not HYPER, rather the opposite. When he has his ritalin, he can get up out of his chair and get moving and participate.

My kids go out side to p lay after school. Why I love having a farm, where the dogs are on allert for strangers, while my kids play outside, getting dirty, playing in the woods, etc.

As for afterschool snack, my kids are hungry. They are fed a meal. NOT sweets, not cookies; their time in school uses a lot of energy and they are drained when they get home and need a down time. Here, the meals are focused on meats and fats. A stack of canned sardines sits on the kitchen table. My youngest puts a steak on. My kids are NOT fat

So I cant see that this information is correct for all ADD/ ADHD kids. https://www.lowcarbusa.org/autism-adhd/

FOr clarity I read DANDR before I was pregnant and depended on it thru my pregnancy to manage gestational diabetes-- there might be a clue--

I fought the pediatritions to let my kids have whole milk, not 2%. Milk is rarely purchased here now unless its used to make yogurt.

Hmm will have kids tested for type two diabetes this year. TO get a base line.

Talk to boys all the time, NO texting in the car; NO vaping; use alcohol in cooking and baking.

Parents dont take the time to parent anymore; Im at stay at home parent, but the only one I know. The moms of my kids friends all work. So I get the call when a kid falls off his bike, trashes it as he falls into a snow bank......Ya, I wish I knew more sooner, but I am the one that teaches them what I do know. Ya, I do the sex talks, and watch them squirm. But I did notice my youngest entered into a conversation w ith me and didnt turn red using real anatomy words---yaaa, I have done my job.

If anything-- in summary to my rant--- starting with a healthy mother that has her blood sugars under control AND allowing her to be in ketosis during pregnancy would be beneficial. Dr Atkins cautioned against that, so that is what I did. Mothers need to be boosting their nutrient supplies of vitamins and minerals LONG before pregnancy. Too much fall below the optimal levels. ( I thought just not doing drugs and taking a prenatal pill was enough, ha!)

OB/GYN are separated from pediatritions. One job end; the other starts. No connection, no over lap. Insane.

My kids didnt get junk food. But I can see that the Cherios for a traveling snack needs to changed.

Eating high quality food can be a challenge when not eating at home. This week my kids are eating home made jerky for lunch. Alond with an apple or an orange, as that travels well.

Im dreaming up other options, like real mince meat or similar meat pies in a LC pastry. A bother. Jerky is easier.

Again, thinking out loud, could some individuals be more susceptible to ADD/ ADHD and high carbs is a trigger? And once the trigger is pulled there is no going back....... could he be right...?

THE we ALL need to get our government on the right track because the plate thing is killing us; doctors are NOT trained in nutrition; the school lunches are a disaster; and schools have taken away recess; and, and, and....

Im tired of pointing out the facts to doctors and then have them change the subject.....