#59   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-16, 11:30

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Think I have mentioned before that there is a FB page for the on-line presence of his support group (THELowCarbSupportGroup) and in 2016 you can watch the meetings live on Periscope plus the 24 hours following.

Today until about 6pm Eastern, if you have a Twitter Account and a Persiscope App you can watch the replay by "following" Eric Westman or ~ecwestman. It's a bit over an hour, so you hear the usual welcomes, success stories, some info on Adapt, but also about how now Duke Orthopedic and Heart Transplant send him patients who must lose weight before surgery is allowed. Tells a very moving story and you will hear why his program is not your average weight loss clinic. He is so low key as Barb said, he joked that it takes helping someone get onto a heart transplant list to excite him. Then information about a new HealClinic diabetes outreach, and toward the end, fascinating information about Dr. Bernstein. This meeting has interesting info, but anytime you want to see an in person support group...watch on Periscope first Tuesday of each month.

You can find it here, but then have to download app etc: https://www.periscope.tv/ecwestman/1ynKOrakenZxR

I found what Dr Westman had to say about Dr Bernstein really fascinating. It gave me some insight into what motivates him. Of course I had to listen to the whole meeting to get to it but it never hurts to hear more success stories. I stuck very closely to Bernstein's plan for many years. I've now loosened up quite a bit. There's lots to think about concerning the choices we make, both for those of us trying to optimize our health and for doctors like Westman and Bernstein deciding how to practice. Dr Westman says he's writing an essay on Dr Bernstein. It should be fascinating.

Jean