View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 11:09

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%
Default ADD/ADHD, Autism and Low Carb Keto Diet, etc.

My hopes for this thread is to help anyone with these and similar concerns find a better life.

My struggle with my son has been one of a lonely struggle to improve his life. Last night we were talking, and soon he was brushing away tears. I was determined to figure out how to change things for him. He has been sick a lot since CHristmas, and disappears into his room, to live on his laptop gaming. After several previous failures to talk to him, I felt the need to move him to the next step.....give up laptop time and rejoin the world.

THe conversation if it could be called that, was enlightening. HE is unhappy. That is my first warning of suicide. Scares me. Terrifies me. A student in his school the top junior killed herself jumping off an overpass.

He takes Concerta and generic methylphenadate. I asked about his meds, and the timing. I asked about the supplements.

The supplements. The best book I ever read was Healing ADD by Dr Daniel AMen, a book that I reached for after listening to his PBS program for the umteenth time, when a Eureka moment struck. I was watching because of the similaries to my sons life and mine. THank you Dr AMen!! He lists supplements that can be helpful for many issues, but it is up to me the reader to sort thru the symptoms to find the solution. He was more help than any "professional".

Even school was dismissing of my sons issues and certainly dissed his risk for suicide. I watch, like a hawk. Here was the peice I was worried about but it was masked. It was not his usual expression of unhappieness.

We discussed each of his supplements. He had dropped one and was only getting one of his seratonin boosting and skipping the St Johns WOrt.

His health and well being fall on me. I am his guardian, not in the legal sense, but in spearheading a path to a better life.
Sponsored Links