#20   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-24, 02:48

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Okay folks, the Gooogle search tips have been helpful but please can we get back on topic about Ozempic (and other semaglutide formulations) as relevant to low-carbing?

Thanks for understanding

Doreen

No worries! I was attempting to add to the list of "more foolish ways people try to lose weight while eating junk food" which is more of a footnote, except for the psychology.

Fact is, simply from reading Internet comments, there's waaaay more digestive paralysis going on than is being publicly acknowledged. It looks like hormone resistance.

The nausea and other digestive side effects is because it is paralyzing the digestive system. The drug is working as designed. And why people need increasing doses for it to keep working.

Until the whole system freezes up and has to be coaxed back into working again. How well? We don't know that either. But they are still talking about "lifetime" drug prescriptions.

It's not that different from the way they are told to "inject insulin to cover" whatever carb load they are dealing with.

I can only conclude that these patients are no longer responding to insulin like they should. And the drug makers have to fiddle with another system to get the result they want.

"Hey look, we can paralyze their digestive system with semaglutide and the insulin resistance goes away." While they are creating GLP-1 receptors who are -- in self defense -- turning themselves off.

Which is why I call it "drug-conveyed bariatric surgery." For the effect on the patient. Because they have not been tasked with changing the patient's diet.

They have been told to change the patient, instead.

Kudos to bariatric surgeons, who aren't endangering as many patients from absorption problems. Now the drug makers have created similarly dangerous conditions. To create the same circumstances by other means.