#16   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-19, 04:54

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Wearbear. This is the most stressful time of year and here is a little releif. Works everytime.Breath in thru nose, and say "I am...." then exhale thru mouth and say ,"peace....."

I use this ALOT.

I can imagine! I do something similar on my way to work. I use OOOOMMMM which also improves my singing voice by exercising the diaphragm muscle.

The thing that freaked me out so much, and led to me sharing here, is that the more I research, the more frightening this latest generation of prescription drugs becomes.

The side effects can be permanent. And doctors never discuss them! I find that shocking.

There is a great divide in medical care right now. Acute and trauma? Never been better. Chronic illness they don't understand? Possibly never been worse. Because their treatments are themselves dangerous.

Since my issue is autoimmune, I've researched the usual treatments and even endured a few of them, like increasing levels of steroids. Between my retired GP who had a healthy wariness of steroids and online exploration, it was the steroids in the Flonase that made me wary, though I'd turned down so many options by that time I figured "nose spray, that should be okay." Finding out what I was risking shut that optimism down.

Dr. Jack Kruse's concept of Cortisol Resistance was like a spotlight in a dark room. It explained everything. By forcing cortisol in the cells with steroids, it worked; but with the same dangers as injecting more insulin to overcome insulin resistance. In both cases, it was overproduction of the hormone which is causing the problem. People have to lower that hormone production.

With cortisol, it's about lowering stress. I had to change my living situation, my job duties, and even my leisure activities. (Kept the husband ) I'm back on daily progesterone. It's all working, though it's still a slog.

When the steroids stop working, now we're at the immune suppression tactic. It's all wrong. The immune system isn't the problem! Stress overproduces cortisol, which shuts down digestion, increases blood clotting, rebalances all the hormones for running from the tiger. This is usually a short term problem, either way But it also shuts down the immune system, because you don't need it if it's a tiger threat.

My stress never slackened until I discovered what was causing it. I needed to stop doing stressful duties as a living, and fortunately I moved through three different job titles until my present one is about as good as I can do with this company. I dipped into my "retirement" to expand my living space, and my cat business is doing better all the time. That's going to be my real retirement if all goes well.

I did all this, instead of the drugs, because while they seem like miracles, they have a very very dark side. They act like the immune system is the problem, when it's really that the immune system is already struggling to function. By shutting it down, they leave a person vulnerable to suddenly dying a bizarre and horrible death, similar to the victims in the early years of the AIDS crisis.

Why they don't make this connection I don't know. They are so focused on the wrong theory and expensive drugs which act on their theory that they just shrug their shoulders at "side effects."

Even ones that kill.
Sponsored Links