Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMD
Thanks for all the comments thus far!

Regarding the drop-out rate from low-carb eating, my personal nemesis is sweets. After 3.5 months of very low-carb eating, the only thing that would lure me away is sweets, like cinnamon rolls, cookies, and pie.

FYI- its not only sugar if you are missing rolls, cookies and pie as these take in white flour also.
Have you tired any dark 85% chocolate yet?
There are recipes for making your own sweets in the kitchen

Quote:
I don't miss potatoes, corn chips, high-carb veggies, legumes, potatoe chips, pizza, or even bread all that much.

These were my drug of choice. I'll have a bite once in a while.

Quote:
They say that after a certain amount of time eating low-carb, you lose your desire for sweets. I don't think that will ever happen for me.

IMO, it doesn't have to happen...it just needs to be modified and kept low sugar.

Quote:
So I'll head over to the recipe section for sweet things first, which I assume will involve artificial sweeteners. Thus far, I even get excited about eating a Metamucil fiber wafer which is artificially flavored.

-Steve

If AS don't effect you, good! Many here have issues using them, I don't.
We each need to find what works best for our individual bodies. It truly is a YMMV kind of thing. There are sweetners like Stevia, which come from a plant. I don't like it as I find it way too sweet.

Have fun in the kitchen!!