View Single Post
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-17, 12:27

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I believe niacin is ideal for anxiety and stress reduction in those situations where one is prone to anxiety. As I've increased my daily dose, I have felt very relaxed and focused more towards the analytical during an unanticipated stressful occurrence. I am not prone to anxiety; yet, I can see how supplemental niacin is really helpful under these circumstances.

I've also made a decision on the correct daily dose for me. In a recent post, I observed that I was getting muscle fatigue and burning earlier than normal in my workouts. After doing some research, I read that larger doses of niacin can increase lactic acid. Bingo, that's what I was experiencing when I was up to 700-900mg per day. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just one workout, so after several more with similar reactions, I realized a dose adjustment was in order. I'm now down to 200mg per day, far greater than the RDA, but enough to get benefits. I'll try it at this level to see if I can find a sweet spot where I'm at the right dose without causing any lactic acid response. I'm firmly in the niacin supplement camp, as I'm certain that I wasn't getting enough through diet alone, and that the RDA should be far greater than the amount published today. Again, and as mentioned in the book, this is a very individualized type of supplement that will vary from person to person. It's worth while to experiment with different doses to find what's right.