View Single Post
  #3076   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-19, 09:01

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

I just realized, reading your posts, that it is Monday. I think I thought it was the weekend or something. ALL the days are blending in together. I mean, I would have realized it eventually.. Dh did go to work today. He was off pretty much all last week though and will be off Tues and Weds so we are getting a lot of time with him this holiday season!

I have been in sort of a weird funk. I think doing Xmas Eve and Xmas, then the dinner theater the following night, then the NYC trip the next day, just absolutely kicked my butt. Then DS17 became DS18 on Saturday and I had a total Mom Fail and didn't get him a cake bc he was working and didn't really indicate he wanted to do anything for his bday etc. When he came home from work (at 9PM) and realized there was no cake, he was sorely disappointed. DH, bless him, ran out and got an angel food cake, raspberries and cool whip, and we sang etc but I just felt awful. Truth is I was too dang tired to give a crap about his birthday. I am still upset with myself about it.

Anyway DS18 has a friend over spending the night (no sound from them yet) and DS21 is at a friend's house spending the night. Actually, the two boys are brothers, how funny is that? Brothers having sleepovers with brothers, but they split houses. When DS21 comes home I need to take him to get a new license. His expired while he was out of the country.

Moving on...

Jaz, you could definitely take a train or bus to NYC or DC. Bus is cheaper than train but train avoids any traffic etc. You could also visit Philadelphia and the Inner Harbor in Baltimore as well. All good places to go for a weekend.

I am happy that you are starting to feel settled in a bit. No doubt it totally was shocking!!

Trig, yeah I have no problem with a long drive although I find now that 5-6 hours tends to be as much as I want to do at any one time. It is the 3.15 hours, plus a day of walking, then 3.15 hours more that was just too much. The day was too full!

I wish you safe travels and a wonderful quick getaway! Love that you have more options to wear from shopping your closet, and I have no doubt that you will lose even more and get to buy some new stuff too! I should buy your old flannels off of you as you get to skinny for them!

I had to laugh at your description of Bolt and that yurping sound dogs make when they are about to puke. And ALWAYS on the carpet. Whyyyyyy?!

Blue- Joining you at the January 2 demarcation line. I don't get the morning hungries when I am off plan but I do feel bloated and tubby.

I am with you on 'you can't take it with you.' Deffo want to leave something for the kids, but otherwise I am all about spending money on experiences and travel. That is the best use of money for me!

Lori- So glad that you have had such a nice time with your sister. I hope she has a safe drive back. Still foggy and gray here this morning.

•••

Relatively low key going into the New Year here. We will do a brunch type thing on New Years day, and NYE we will do our Crazy Dinner and Games with the kids before they head out for a bit. DH and I may get to go to bed before midnight, which I don't think I would mind, but we'll see what if anything DS18 has planned. If he will still be here we will likely stay up with him, so he doesn't feel abandoned. We'll see.

Have a good day, All!
Sponsored Links