Old Fri, May-31-19, 09:46

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
These are the ingredients of the Beyond Meat BUrger:

Water, Pea Protein Isolate*, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Refined Coconut Oil, Contains 2% or less of the following: Cellulose from Bamboo, Methylcellulose, Potato Starch, Natural Flavor, Maltodextrin, Yeast Extract, Salt, Sunflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Dried Yeast, Gum Arabic, Citrus Extract (to protect quality), Ascorbic Acid (to maintain color), Beet Juice Extract (for color), Acetic Acid, Succinic Acid, Modified Food Starch, Annatto (for color).

I think I will skip it.

Hmm, Canola Oil (probably GMO laced with round-up), potato starch (carb), natural flavor (could be anything like the extract from a beaver's anal gland), Methylcellulose (Laxative), Succinic Acid (they use this to make perfume and lacquers), Modified Food Starch (has no nutritional value)?

Besides, if you get (and this is important) 100% grass-fed beef, it gets all it's nutrition from prairie land. The land needs nothing other than what mother nature provides; no fertilizer, no pesticides, no additional carbon footpring (however the load on the planet gets huge if your beef is finished on a feed lot).

To farm that prairie-land that gives the animals 'free food' and instead grow farmed crops would take intensive amounts of fresh water, fertilizer, insecticide, and fossil fuels.

To grow the plant ingredients for the frankenburger means using a lot of precious groundwater, lots of fertilizer (made in factories with smokestacks), herbicide (most likely a carcinogen) and a resource filled factory with lots of energy hungry equipment hooked to the power grid.

Which do you think is better for the environment?

And which do you think gives you better nutrition?

I know what my choice will be.

Bob