Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 15:52
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 153/146/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahO
I used more weight than the first time, and instead of barely able to walk, I'm hardly sore at all! Thanks for the tip, glutamine is a lifesaver!

I'm still getting used to the idea that the BMI is going to be increasingly less useful the more weightlifting I do and that body fat is the real measure of progress now -- I've been watching my BMI drop for 10 months but I keep reminding myself, the BMI and the number on the scale aren't the point anymore.

bo
Hey, Sarah,

I've read everyone's posts about glutamine and I purchased it after re-reading Atkins about a month ago. This morning I forgot to take it after my workout but did so with my lunch. I'm not much of a supplement taker because they're expensive and the only ones that have made a noticable difference for me so far are calcium and magnesium. Atkins advocated L-Glutamine to help with cravings, is this the same glutamine you're writing about?

I may, if I'm feeling particularly masochistic, pick up some fat calipers because there's no doubt about how much flubber one is or is not pinching.