Thread: The G.I. Diet
View Single Post
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 08:00

Plan: GI diet
Stats: 162/158/147 Female 5' 7.5"
BF:
Progress: 27%

I've been 'doing' the GI diet for about 4 weeks now - like many, I came to it via LC'ing. Never had any problem with the lack of bread / pasta / fruit etc., really enjoyed the WOE, but I found that over 6-7 months of LC'ing, I just maintained my weight (I was looking to lose about 15lbs in total).

I recall reading somewhere that people can be fat sensitive as well as carb sensitive, and for me, since I didn't have a lot to lose, I think that was the issue.

On the GI diet I'm losing slowly but steadily (2lbs first week and 1lb each week after). I try not to go too high carb now anyway, so a regular day would be porridge (made with water as am mildly dairy intolerant) with splenda / cinnamon, lunch of 1 slice of rye bread with a scraping of mayonnaise and topped with thin sliced chicken plus cucumber and tomatoes and some LC soup, and then a dinner usually consisting of meat, lots of roasted veg (peppers / courgettes) or steamed green veg, and occasionally a few new potatoes. Snacks might be a cranberry muffin (as per Gallop's book), or a no-fat yoghurt. I try to avoid most frankenfoods, so will have a smaller amount of standard cheese rather than a low fat variant - or better, just pick a cheese with naturally less fat like feta.

So I guess I'm relatively LC, and relatively LF. I'm looking forward to reaching my goal so that I can incorporate back in some of the higher fat meats / cheeses on Atkins - on an irregular basis of course!!

Good to see some other Low GI'ers out there - lots of LC boards available, but haven't yet found one with dedicated GI'er strands.. till now!