View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 16:06

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%
Default Perfected my pancakes...

I have found a lot of the pancake recepies out there very 'eggy' and difficult to flip without falling apart.. after much experimentation I have covered the egg taste and made pikelets I think taste pretty good. I also find them very filling.
I'd be very interested in what other ppl think, so come on - you know you want to make them!!!

1 egg
1.5 tablespoons gluten flour
1 tablespoon of soy flour
1 tablespoon Wheat Bran
teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspons sugar equivilant (Actually, I use 1.5 packets)
1 Tablespoon Cream
1 Tablespoon Oil
1 Tablespoon Water

Whisk the egg. Add the dry ingredients, and the cream and oil. Mix well - the trick is to get rid of all the lumps. Add the water last (you might need a little more - I don't really measure) to get to a less thick consistency - it is still thicker then 'normal' pancakes.

Cook on medium heat - I made mine about piklet size and they were easy to flip with a fork even, but have also made them about the size of a saucer with no problems!

I think wheat bran is the magic ingredient - it makes them taste more like pikelets (cover up the egg, and soy flour!!) and really helps them stay together... I initially made this with more gluten flour instead of the bran and they were not good, and didn't want to flip without falling apart.

I put the sweetner in them so that they are piklets and you get maximum sweetness becuase it is evenly distrubited and don't need to add anything ... however, I have made them saucer size without the sweetner and had them savoury with ham and cheese in a roll-up, and they were also really good.

Obviously this is a small recepie.. it is easy to double!
Sponsored Links