#56   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-06, 14:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_S
I eat coconut oil for the health benefits.. I can't say whether it helps speed weight loss, it does help my athletic performance.

It's excellent mixed with sunflower and pupkin seeds, or in a hot cocoa, I also eat it on crisp breads. If I feel like cheating, the most delicious cheat is a piece of bread or half a bun fried in a couple tbs of coconut oil.. left in it when it's crispy to soak up the oil, with a VERY thin layer of raw honey on top.

I'll use it in dishes with curry or certain spices as well. Virgin coconut oil tastes light and almost sweet, with a hint of coconut.

I make garlic bagels sort of that way. Cut in half and toast a LC Natural Ovens bagel, spread liberally with coconut oil and fry in a skillet on medium/medium low heat till crispy brown around the edges.
(I keep the bagels in the freezer, thus the step of toasting them 1st)

Right out of the pan, spread more coconut oil on the two halves of the bagel. Sprinkle garlic and onion powder on oiled grilled face of bagel, add a shake or two of basil, some Parmesan cheese and some shredded mozzerella, place under broiler till cheese is starting to get brown and get bubbly.

This also is the base for the worlds most awesome sausage or bacon and egg breakfast sandwich......