#9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 14:38

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by picton
Try getting it in Transdermally! I found oral methods not very good at all.

I have used Epsom salts in very strong concentration in a hot bath, but it uses a lot, so now I dry off straight after a shower, and spray myself with a warm, very strong solution of Epsom Salts, and rub it in thoroughly and consistently for ten or fifteen minutes until it is dry.

Gets a bit dusty, but stops my cramping!

First got the idea from Dr Myhill, and adapted to suit, I drew the line at Magnesium enemas!!...
http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Mine...amins_in_creams

Hi picton,

I have tried the magnesium oil but I didn't like the feel of it on my skin one bit. Messy and made me feel itchy.

I wonder if the magnesium didn't work for you as a supplement for the same reasons as it didn't work for me - an undiscovered food intolerance?

Just an idea for you to maybe think about...

It took me about two years to work out that this is what was going on with me, (and I probably wouldn't have worked it out that quickly if it hadn't been for this forum and my various cyber pals here popping into my journal) and I really resisted the idea of going the whole gluten-free hog for a long time, because I couldn't bear the idea of being one of those complicated people with allergies and so on, but, now that I feel so much better, I have come to terms with it.

I was convinced that the Mg was the problem with the excessive BMs, but it wasn't at all!!! I take 400mg at the moment and it causes no problems in that department at all.

amanda