View Single Post
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 17:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Question

Just a couple of questions -- I just finished 12 weeks of BFL and I did lose some inches, but still have a long way to go to lose fat. I quit smoking June 1, 2001, and am sure my metabolism is very slow. I read this thread yesterday and took my temp this morning -- it was 97.2, which is higher than I though it would be considering my normal daytime temp tends to be very low. I went shopping today and bought Metabo-O-Lite caffeine free formula because I do drink caffeine and thought it would be too much if I both took it in pill form and drank it.

However, when I opened the package and read the directions, they state that it should NOT be taken with caffeine because that could cause a heart attack! The ingredients are: 24 mg Ephedra Alkaloids from Ephedra (Ma-Huang) Extract, 'Propietary Blend' (1.05 g); bee pollen, Siberian Ginseng, Ginger, Soy Lecithin, Damiana, Sarsaparilla, Goldenseal, Nettles, Gotu Kola, Spirulina Algea, Royal Jelly

Why would I not be allowed to also take caffeine? Don't the other ECA stackers include both Ephedra and caffeine? I cannot take anything with aspirin because I'm allergic to it.

Should I buy something else? Or should I just use this with or without caffeine and buy something else when it's gone?