View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-13, 21:39

Plan: Whole Foods Atkins
Stats: 178/168/150 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 36%
Wink I am doing this!

I love walking...exploring...etc. But I happen to live in Fairbanks, Alaska. It has warmed up to 10 degrees but still a bit difficult for a lot of walking.
So...I started back on Atkins Thanksgiving week 2012 and have been trying to go to our local Rec Center 3 times weekly. Has not always worked but am really trying. I am 58 and have not done much exercise except walking and swimming. I have lost well in every area but my belly. No wheat, starches or sugar in my diet.

Here is my self-prescribed workout:
15 min treadmill alternating walking/running
15 min stationary bike (both upper/lower)
15 min some kind of ab crunch/back extension contraption
30-40 min swimming slow laps

Am planning to dust off the x-country skis and go this Sat. There is a planned easy ski by our local Nordic Ski CLub and they said it is more for socializing so maybe I can meet some people who want to get started again...slowly.

Anyway...comments welcome...however, this is mainly for me to keep track of my progress. I have lost weight previously on Atkins doing no or little exercise. I have to say adding exercise is mo' better! These old bones are just feeling good plus I want to participate in a community 10K run in 5 months and will need to get off my duff if I'm going to be able to do it!
Sponsored Links