Thread: LC Our Way #3
View Single Post
  #2274   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 07:45

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

That's it Trig! When I said eat 3 meals a day on a feast day.....that is an individual thing. I think the reason they say that is that too many people try to restrict on their feast day and that will backfire. As long as you can eat up to about 2,000 calories on a feast day, it doesn't matter how many meals that is. I really don't know if I get to 2,000. I just eat when I want and until I'm satisfied on a feast day. I stick mostly LC/HF as that's how I feel my best.

Some people try to do zero calories on their "diet" day, but according to Dr. Varady's book, better results were attained when people ate up to 500. Again, personal choice.

Nic.....join in! As far as what to eat on a fast day. I think there may be some recipe ideas in Dr. Varady's book "The Every Other Day Diet". I have it on my Kindle, but never really look at the recipes. I usually have nothing until around Noon when I will have a bit less than a tablespoon of MCT oil in a cup of coffee and sometimes a scoop of collagen powder. That blows about 130 calories of my 500. Then for dinner I'll usually have a piece of whatever protein I make for DH and maybe a little veg. If I'm not cooking for him, maybe I'll have a couple eggs. Tonight I'm going to have a Lean Cuisine meal and the rest of the Palmini "pasta" that I made the other night. I don't stress over it. If I go over the 500 by a 100 or so....no biggie. Sometimes I'll have a string cheese in the afternoon if I'm getting too hungry.

I think as it starts to get colder this Fall, I'll start to have a cup of warm broth at some point during the day. Possibilities are endless! And then......the next day......you can eat!! Woohoo!!

Just got in from my hour long run/walk. Glad to have it done for the day!