View Single Post
  #2270   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 06:01

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Trig.....Welcome to the Every Other Day Diet! I'm a part of some FaceBook groups and also have the book by Dr. Krista Varady and according to everything I've read, it is important to not eat low calorie on your eating(UP) days. If you do, your body will go into conservation mode. So....the advice I've read is to eat 3 meals, plus any treats you want on your eating days. It is the difference between the 500 calorie(diet) days and the days where you eat "normally" that make the plan work. That being said, I don't count calories on my normal days..at all. I still stay fairly low carb/high fat as that is what I like, but when I'm hungry I eat and I eat till I'm full. Trying to learn to listen to my body on those normal days. Some days you'll be more hungry and some days less.....that's the way it goes. The important thing is keeping your "diet" days at 500 calories or less and not restrict on your eating days. Good luck!

Jaz....WOW...what a day you had! It all sounds fabulous. Are you back to reality today? Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Yesterday I decided to take myself out to lunch on my eating day. I walked a bit over a mile to the main street of our little town to try a new cafe that I have been wanting to try. OMG.....I had the BEST grilled cheese sandwich with tomato & bacon on sourdough bread. First time I've had bread in a long while. I also had an iced coffee.....yum, yum. After lunch I walked back home and logged just about 3 miles. It was lovely. I had breakfast yesterday too, sausage & eggs. Then for dinner I made a pork loin and ate some of that with some sauteed edamame and some dried figs. Oh...and some low carb mint chocolate chip ice cream! Talk about an eating day!! Scale only up 2/10ths of a pound from that extravaganza, so I have high hopes that after today's "diet" day, the scale will drop to a new low. Fingers crossed!

I'm getting ready to head out for a run/walk this morning. It is a bit chilly, so a light jacket will be required. Trying to get out before the rain.

Have good days!