#56   ^
Old Sat, May-07-05, 11:56
"Slaying My Demons"

Plan: Keto
Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%
Default Metabolism and the Mature Woman

I wish I could rely on a higher fat diet to lose. It just doesn't work for me. I went the high fat route for two years and could only lose about twenty pounds. I cut out the dairy and the artificial sweeteners and it didn't change anything. I think that for me anyway, as I've gotten older (49) my metabolism just can't handle eating pork steaks on a daily basis anymore. It's sad, but there you go. Those calories counted for me.

I'm now eating at about 23 percent fat, 32 percent carbs, 45 percent protein, I average about 100 grams of carb a day from vegetables and fruits. My fats come from low fat dairy, meat and fish, and fish oil. I eat only very lean cuts of beef, chicken breast, turkey and fish. I vary my calories in two week blocks from 1200 to 1500. I've been lifting weights and doing aerobic exercise for five weeks now. I'm finally getting past the initial twenty pounds that I lost on the high fat plan and I'm doing this in record time for me.

I have no doubt that for my pre menopausal metabolism that this is the right route for me. It's working and I feel great.

I'm so grateful for this forum because it offers so many different low carb plans that we can experiment with until we find the one that works for us. One size does not fit all.

Signey