View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 12:57

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Cool Watch what you think!

One of the things that I've noticed about many of us...especially us fatties, is that we project what others are thinking about us because of our own cognitive distortions...or thinking errors. Once, when I lost 117 pounds in WW I was sure that I was getting stares from women that never looked at me before. As I got used to being much thinner, I realized that I was looked at by women before, but I thought they were looking at me because I was a disgusting blimp. My wife, who married me just after I had lost about 100 of those pounds (and she was a beautiful thin woman) said she would have married me even though I was fat. Just like your lady friend...you'd be surprised at the actual thoughts of people who are looking at you. Some of them may be thinking you look like an uncle of theirs, others, their dad. Maybe they were thinking about what they are going to have for dinner. Maybe they were thinking, "That lucky guy! How can he be so lucky to have such a beautiful girlfriend?" Many of us are so self-conscious about pur weight that we cut ourselves off from the rest of the world because we think that others ared thinking what we are thinking.