View Single Post
  #181   ^
Old Sat, May-07-05, 06:32

Plan: Moderate low-carb
Stats: 186/140/135 Female 5"5
BF:OnebigAB
Progress: 90%
Default Like "normal" people????

This doesn't surprise me at all. They put additives in our processed food which makes them addicting. MSG is one. Some of them have the same effects as opiates. It seems like cold turkey is the only way to go at times. But if it's any consolation, there are plenty in the same boat and allot going that way if they don't think about it now! I get so envious when I see my twig friends, down twinkies, pop, what have you and still look like twigs. Here's some comfort, NORMAL people do not eat that way. That's why "normal" people will have related health complications regardless of their size. Weight is only one factor. The truth is, we have to learn to eat like real people and not Americans. Our parents and grandparents did not start out this way. Don't worry, you'll get a handle, you've come farther than most right. Just think of the twigs who will just be starting this battle later on in their lives. Skinny doesn't equal healthy, and that's what we have to learn to pay attention to. You've come so far, and you will get back on track! I have faith. I too am slipping, so let's do ourselves a favor, not batter ourselves and be proud that we are learning how to eat. In this sense, we can thank our excess pounds for telling us something was wrong.
Sponsored Links