View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-19, 09:07

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Why doesn't somebody make up these dry ingredients and sell them as Instant Flaxseed Muffin mix? Extremely cheap to make--but somebody will pay a huge premium for what they consider convenience. Right?

Actually Duncan Hines is already in the business of selling individual "mug cake" mixes... NOT our low carb version... but if they ever decided they wanted to get into the keto market, it'd be really easy for them to create a low-carb version. Their ingredients include "dried whole eggs" but somehow I doubt they're using eggs from free-range chickens like most keto-ers would want. Well, maybe not the ones who find mixing up their own ingredients to be too much trouble.

https://www.amazon.com/Duncan-Hines...l/dp/B01N183ZGT

Quote:
If I forget to soak the mug, and the batter dries like cement...it also makes me wonder what it is doing to my digestive system.
I've wondered about that too but eventually decided that the stuff can't "dry out" in my digestive system so hopefully can't turn to cement inside my guts. Still, as I've become less and less convinced that "fiber" is the great cure-all, I eat a lot fewer flax MIMs than I used too. Now I mostly make only make a flattened-out savory version to cut in half and use as "buns" when we're running low on lettuce but want hamburgers anyway.

I've also developed a wonderful variation made with bacon grease plus some Parmesan cheese, garlic and onion powder that mimics cornbread. As a southerner, there are times when ya just about gotta have a bit of cornbread!