#104   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-14, 06:11

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
From the Frou-Frou Tag Cloud I thought his views about using any artificial sweeteners was rather clearly expressed.:
Quote:
The bottom line is that these chemicals do not help weight loss. They may actually cause weight gain. These artificial chemicals may cause cravings that may induce over-eating of sweet foods. By continually eating sweet foods, even if they have no calories, may lead us to crave other sweet foods that may contain sugar or starches.
Oh I agree he was perfectly clear. I just know that in my case I would never have lost 100 pounds without the help of sweeteners, and I would never have kept those 100 pounds off for five years so far without the help of sweeteners. Without them I'm sure I'd be back to to 400 pounds by now. I do try to minimize their use but in years of dieting I've learned some of the things I can do and some that I can't do. Giving up As in the past has always led to *serious* binging after 3-6 weeks.

So right now I'm going to read some more of his blog posts, and take it day by day. I'm trying to fast today. I've held off on making my morning coffee for a couple hours now, but finally need that cup and will go have some coffee with a little cream and coconut oil.