View Single Post
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-14, 04:54

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Week 4 Update:

-It really does get easier. 24 hour fasts with coffee, broth and 1TCO and no hunger.

-Yesterday did a 29 hour fast, lunch Tuesday to dinner Weds. Was in a meeting or traveling 9-3 only sipping water, and felt great ( is that norephrinine kicking in?), no hunger. Had a large but not crazy amount of food for dinner, snacked on hummus and baby carrots while I made the salad, but it was normal pre-dinner hunger. Sure it is all mental, but if I have one meal each day, I'm OK with that.

-BG has been lower in the am, pm, and PP all week. Nothing above 100. Still in the 80-90s but I'll take it. Have been screwing around with Resistant Starch and PGX, never a regular dose of any, should probably stop that and just do the fast protocol. So will drop the potato starch, but one cap of PGX before dinner with 1T vinegar when I remember seems OK.

-Sadly, no further weight loss this week, still at 8 pounds lost total...BUT

-Inches lost everywhere over four weeks. In addition to alternate day fasting, I am doing deep water aerobics almost everyday, so there maybe toning going on, and I started at a fluffy wine and dinners out pudgey state, but much improvement in that area.

-I had committed to trying a fasting protocol for two months, and will happily continue, even fitting longer fasts around required social/travel meals. My husband, who always has eggs in butter for breakfast, remembered around 2 I hadn't had lunch but told him I wasn't hungry, and he usually isn't either, so we went home for an early dinner instead. He must still think I'm on some BG testing kick, and has no idea I'm fasting.

-I am only three pounds above a healthy BMI and further weight loss may have to involve reducing calories, but I hope that will come naturally this next month. I am not starving anymore when dinner rolls around, no cravings for snacks, and maybe,without consciously doing so, food intake may lower too. If it doesn't, no worries, happy with the lower BG and will have insulin, Hb1C and other blood work done early Sept.