View Single Post
  #820   ^
Old Mon, May-31-21, 07:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey chicks!

Jaz- I am so proud of you. You just get in there and get it done. You are such a can-do kind of gal!! KUDOS TO YOU, MY FRIEND! It is great to know that you are settled for a year and can just breathe a bit once your stuff is moved in.

Your work story you told us had me Man, why are so many bosses so WEIRD???

Trig- you have swimsuit weather there today? Go girl, even if it is too cold to swim yet. We are hitting the low 70s today after 3 days of 50-60 degree temps. Ridiculous!

You definitely sound like you are in your food zone in the summer. Go you!

Lori- Yikes your Memorial Day did start early! Glad you have something fun to look forward to doing today though. Good luck in your Tourney!

•••••••••••••

Well, yesterday I got to play pickleball for the first time in over two months. I won't lie- I had anxiety like crazy about going in and being awful, or getting hurt (my achilles and tendon on the right side of the right foot are still acting up) etc but I made myself and had a great time. Played 1 hr 15 minutes, won all three games (mind you I am playing beginners and am likely the youngest if not one of the youngest there) and more importantly, I really had fun. I tell ya, I learn endlessly being around older folks. These older folks are wicked tough. One is back after breaking his wrist and being gone 6 weeks, and still in PT. One is back after falling on the court and hitting his head so hard he could hardly see straight-- AND he has mild Parkinson's. He's a darn good player too! Some of the others have a limp or are just slower with age or whatever. One woman, named Renata, used to be a great pickleball player (from what I hear) and had something happen where she suffered quite a brain injury. She was back for the first time. Sweetest thing ever. And oh my, how she struggled to play. You could see the frustration on her face, at her inability to do so many things she used to do. But ladies, you know what these folks do? They show up. They don't quit. They live their lives, try hard, and are the most open, most kind people. I so need folks like that in my life- to remind me how important it is to rise up, show up, and overcome whatever it is you are facing.

My kids are all playing this morning but I decided two days in a row after over two months off probably woudn't be smart. I'll be back this week though! DH is in a poker tournament with my encouragement- I'm doing a number of fun things this year (playing catch up!) and it feels imbalanced to me. I want him to do some fun stuff too.

Not sure if K and B are coming over for Memorial Day dinner or not. I bought some Beer Brats, so we will have those, along with mashed potatoes, asparagus and salad.

I have a pretty clear June as far as events go, so trying for a clean month. I need one!