View Single Post
  #2194   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 17:08

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trig---Sounds like things are jumpin' since you got home. Hope your MIL is ok.

Lori---Congrats on your first 500 cal day! Doesn't sound like it's been miserable. Knowing you can eat whatever you want the next day is a big help I bet.

Question---When I've read about this plan before (JUDDD) the deal has been you can eat what you want, carbs included...I think up to 1800 calories, but can't remember anymore. Not that I'm pushing the carbs of course, just curious if your plan is specific about that "all you can eat" day.

Nic---Lori made me grin. Kid was "scared straight." Love it when that happens before you have to "go there."

So, the working out of your home on line course is pretty easy peasy. Wondering if you think it has value nevertheless, as in you've learned some stuff?

Jaz---Hope you've put away your long Monday and are home and chillaxing.

Also, really hoping for some cool weather for you. Don't know how you've stood it as long as you have, but then what choice do we have? Folks say the same to those of us in the north about winter.

To all on Wayfair. First of all I hate their jingle w/the heat of a nova star, LOL. However I have directed my clients in buying things from them and I have bought from them for myself, and my son when he needed furniture.

IMO, some of their stuff is very reasonable and they have a nice deep selection in every category. But it's always "buyer beware." I have learned on ANY furniture site, or really any larger purchase, to put the name of the product and company you are looking at in your URL and see if it shows up anywhere cheaper. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Once I found a coffee table I liked at Wayfair, but it was more than I wanted to pay. I put the brand name and product name in the URL and it showed up in a furniture chain out east for $350 less! Yep got it from them and yep, they offered free delivery, which surprised me as it wasn't an expensive piece. And it arrive w/very little assembly required, hubby did it easily. See below on Ikea.

But can't say that happens often, although have run across smaller price differences for all manner of things on all manner of sites.

I have an issue w/Ikea, don't get me started. Don't know how they sold their business model to so many except to say smart marketing. Lots of assembly at home, not to mention lots of work at the store collecting all the parts to buy before you ever get out of the dang place. No one to help dragging it all to your car, or unloading it when you get home. I think their price point is too high considering all that. I can beat or equal their prices at a couple different places here in town, WITH free delivery and assembly---which since it's basically much more wholly put together than most things at IKEA, it isn't a big deal for them to cross the Is and dot the Ts. Plus, with some exceptions, I don't think Ikea's furniture is built to last for long. DO think their kitchen and bathroom cabinetry is a pretty good deal.

OK, LOL, rant over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my, we are just having day after day of gorgeous weather. We've had like maybe one rainy/cloudy day every 10 days for weeks and weeks now. This month has NOT been beastly hot or humid, as August can be. Hate to blow my horn so much about it, but by winter it will be a much more muted horn. Everyone loves to dump on the north about their winters, including northerners LOL. But often our springs, falls and summers so make up for it.

Went down to the pool today, but didn't do a real work out. As I said, a bit more of a drag down there these days so just told myself all I had to do was keep my limbs moving. Had my weights and did just that while I chatted away w/some other gals in the pool. Good enough. I KNOW I'm going to miss the heck out of this when it's gone, so I'm pretty focused on using it as much as I can, whether I feel like it or not. Thing is, once I'm down there I'm ALWAYS so glad I went, easy or hard work out.

9th day on plan. Longest I've gone w/out a treat for as far back as I can remember. Also an OMAD day for me---again felt fine and reasonable to do so.

Hubby is out of town till Thursday. Miss him already, but nursing my "grief/LOL" by doing every thing I want to do around here, some of which would really irritate him if he was around, particularly in the kitchen. And so it has always been w/us.