#10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-20, 13:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiflip
Hello, I feel I have forgotten how to add/up my fat with out adding a huge amount of calories.
I'm struggling with feeling hungry all the time.
Not being in ketosis despite eating under 20 carbs.
And feeling satisfied unless I overeat in calories.

I know I an add oil, butter, mayo, etc.. but those all are high calories.
Nuts are out as I'm still sticking to induction as I'm 2.5 weeks and still no ketosis and no weight loss.

I realized I was eating far too many caloires almost 2 weeks in. Tying to adjust that now and did good for 2 days.. but yesterday slipped and was REALLY hungry and ended up eating like 600 calories in pork rinds at the end of the night

Hi there, you've had great advice already, but here are my thoughts ...

Why are you trying to add fat at all? You need your body to burn its own fat, which it won't if you're providing it with a ton of dietary fat!

You need to go back to basics with re-reading the Atkins book properly and try some of the recipes in it, which do not ladle on a load of fat. Dr. Atkins only said that you need not be frightened of fat. He did not suggest that you should deliberately add it. Also, log your food, because it's easy to forget how many carbs are in things. I started back seriously low-carbing after a loose spell, and I realised I had to weigh the kale to limit myself to 100g per meal, because I had erroneously thought that I could eat a mountain of it at each meal, along with other veggies!

Another piece of advice from Dr. Atkins is to go to bed earlier in order to avoid the late night snacking. If I stay up late and get too tired, I end up eating extra things too. Another thing is that stress hormones muck up your blood-sugar balance and thus impede weightloss. I cannot lose weight if I go to bed late. I need to go to bed by 11pm in order to lose weight, and ideally it should be 10pm.

Another thing is the carbs.. I don't know what form the carbs you're eating take, but I suggest that you eat the full quota allowed from Dr. Atkins' vegetable lists because you are used to the bulk, and the fibre will slow the food going through your body. Don't use your carb allowance on anything else, including nuts. Half a cup of macademia nuts is about 10g carbs, 4.5fiber, and a zillion calories (nearly 500!)! You can eat 100g of veggies at each meal, which is a nice big pile of food with more fiber and bulk, practically no calories and then add your protein and a little salad dressing. I sometimes bake a whole turnip (rutabaga) in the microwave, then I can have some slices at each meal, along with plenty of leafy veg. I never peel any veg so I get all the fibre. Focus on fiber and bulk for now.

Just one last thing.. I'd suggest that you are either very close to a healthy BMI now, so weightloss is going to be pretty slow in any case.

If you aren't already journalling, then it really helps to keep a journal of every single thing you eat, so you can make adjustments and find what works for you. I used my journal to record everything I eat. It makes boring reading for visitors, but I need to do it for myself.

Ohhhh ... and one other last thing!!! Most important!

I record every new low weight and ignore all the other weights. I have issues with inflammation, so my weight goes up and down like a yoyo. As an example, first thing this morning I weighed 153 lbs. I had no food at all and only drank black coffee all morning, and by 11am, my weight was 7lbs heavier. Don't let fluctuations get you down - they are only water fluctuations, nothing to do with fat loss. Tweak the diet: cut out the extra fat, get the Atkins veggies into your diet, along with sufficient protein, claim each new low weight and ignore fluctuations so long as you're dropping a lb to a new low every couple of weeks.

Best of luck. With a few tweaks you'll get there.