View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 05:18

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

College is a time many people put on weight and with the workload etc. you have I can quite imagine how hard it is to resist those cheap comfort foods.

It would be worth trying though, because you'll probably feel better about everything if you do. And once you are through, you'll be in a better place.

I find resisting carbs (except in vegetables and the hidden ones in cheese etc. which I can't really be bothered to track down) relatively easy now I've started. Why not go to the grocery store, prepare a few brown bags and sit out on the grass or something to eat lunch. And take a thermos of something hot and soothing - coffee with cream is OK, I believe.

If you think college is bad for resisting food, wait till you get into the office (if ever - hopefully you won't have a routine type job at least)! In my office people bring in food all the time - birthdays, returning from vacation, you name it. The only way for me to deal with it is not to touch it - mostly. No one really notices and no one cares.

If you have a good protein breakfast - I presume you're trying to low carb as you're here - you probably won't feel so hungry anyway.
Good luck and congrats on everything you've achieved so far.