#13   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-19, 00:33

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I ate low carb with a limit of 50 and lost easily and well... until I got down to the last 15 pounds. Losing that now, but it took Atkins Induction levels of carbs.

Plus, I'm (cough cough) older now I might have to stay this low moving forward. Or I could feel well enough to start exercising, and be able to raise that. I don't know.

I know my years of yo-yo dieting "trained" my body to expect periodic famines and that can encourage it to hang onto fat. Also, even though I am Very Low Carb, I fluctuate my intake. I might have a day that bounces up to 25 or even 30! And some days I go mostly meat and land around 5.

I think I’ve similarly trained my body to expect famine. I starved myself on a low-fat, high carb diet for years...and I gained or maintained. Some people can lose like that if they don’t mind being vigilant and ravenously hungry, but it only worked to take off 5 pounds, at the most or maintain, if I was active. So, I’m trying to build muscle and improve my metabolism. That will have to be my focus for now.