Old Thu, Jul-11-19, 07:39

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
AFL code; Acknowledge - Forgive - Let Go is one way that I've found useful

I used to be one for pushing those thoughts away burying them. Works for a while. No what is much easier for me to realize a thought as risen that is in conflict with a prescribed non-harmful path, Welcome the thought and take a look at it but don't hang on to it or feed it more thoughts - This is acknowledgement - non-personal or judgmental - I can forgive myself for having an "un-wholesome" thought arise or pop into my mind. I didn't ask for it - it just happens - so let it

And then the letting go part is mostly described above by not adding more energy into it to keep it around longer than its natural course - that of all thoughts. They arise without our consent and they dissipate without us giving them permission.

After practicing this way for a while the question of "why does this happen to me?" becomes irrelevant and not even something to pursue its simple the way the mind works it seems. I don't think much about "why" blood pumps thru my arteries and veins - It just does and I'm fine letting that happen without thinking to much about it or imagining I have much control over it.

blah blah blah...

You asked. I tell story

I too use Thud's method of not giving my thoughts any energy, letting them arise and then letting them go. I remember that when I first decided to give up high carb foods I would get cravings for things like Ben and Jerry's. When I got such a craving I would tell myself that I am not my craving. That way, as Thud said, I did not suppress the thought, but I did not give in to it either. I just gave it no importance. Come come, go go.