View Single Post
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 16:52
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Wow, HL, you have lost a LOT of weight! Very impressed.....Never had any trouble with hot flashes when I went through menopause at age 40, just lucky I guess. Though what did happen was changes in metabolism and the weight started adding up and not going away. I can lose weight on low calorie diets but can't stay on the diet. Eventually I get almost nauseous and feeling terribly deprived and before I know it I am no longer eating anything close to a low calorie diet. And then before I know it I am back to where I started. Low carb keeps me happy and satisfied and I can stick with it.

Yes, I am lucky to be able to be retired. Took early retirement from the state which means they don't really support me, but our small house was paid for and except for gardening expenses, we have a fairly low maintainence life style. Vacations are almost free as we tent camp.....except for having to board a rather frenetic dog. Her boarding fees are always much higher than any other part of our month long vacations. My husband is still working; he is younger than I, and except for the occasional filet mignon, we are doing fine. Having no kids helps.

I may have to look and see if Country Joe has a website and let him know that he is being memorialized here in this forum!

My best to you,

Kay