View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-06, 17:40

Plan: gluten free lc
Stats: 200/130/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 175%

I was benefited in going low carb by finding out that I'm gluten intolerant. I also straightened out my problems with hypoglycemia, GERD, and lost weight. However, after a year of lcing, I stopped losing weight and then later started having health problems. I don't know about all people with fibro, but I suspect it to be true, that the adrenals are involved. A good book is Adrenal Fatigue by Wilson.
So, I still am low carb, especially when compared to the abnormally high carb diet of typical America, but am careful not to go too low. That would be hard on my adrenals which are hopefully healing now.
I highly recommend the book From Fatigued to Fantastic.
I eat lots of vegetables and salads, a sufficient amount of meat and healthy fat, and avoid sugar, transfat and high-sugar fruit. I do eat some berries every day. I have about 1/4 cup quinoa or rice everyday.
Everybody's different, so I don't doubt that some with FM do fine with very low carb, but if you start having trouble after awhile, my advice is to raise the carb levers (I've heard 50g minimum or something like that).
I also take malic acid, with tons of other supplements.
Wish you success and health!