Old Tue, Oct-06-09, 02:52

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hiya Martin,

Just wanted to comment on these two things you wrote:

Quote:
And, my personal experience contradicts the paragraph above. Almost two years after I have cut out all carbs, I have more energy than ever.

One explanation for this could be that the relatively high amount of protein you are ingesting causes a huge adrenaline rush because adrenaline is needed to help convert protein to sugar. This is the ZCers equivalent to the runner's high, which would explain why you feel so energized. However, it may well be possible that this excessive adrenaline output will wear out your adrenal glands in the long run and you'll end up with chronic fatigue syndrome.

Quote:
The toxic level for carbohydrate is 86 grams (70lbs per year) per day for 20 years.

Toxic, schmoxic!!! Who says? For which people? Who got measured? Please quote me some studies using human beings who consumed exactly 87g of carbs per day for twenty years and then demonstrated some horrible side-effect. These numbers can only have been extrapolated from something else and represent codswallop of the highest order. Go and visit the Kitavans, who eat lots of carbs, smoke like chimneys and still remain healthy.

Quote:
I fail to comprehend the reasoning behind increasing carbohydrate intake to toxic level.

I fail to understand deliberately wearing out your adrenal glands through excessive protein consumption.

But there you go, it's a free country and we're all free to do what we want to our bodies, based on the knowledge we currently believe in.

amanda