View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 19:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/194/160
BF:
Progress: 48%
Cool The big 27 hour cheat (ok. binge) experiment!!

I was planning it, I just wanted to see what would happen if I ate what I wanted for a day and a half. I was going on a small trip w/ my husband and decided to have some "fun" and eat what ever I want. I've lost half the weight I need to, I deserve it, right?! What did I eat....lets see.... I started out at taco bell for lunch, the Fig Newtons for a snack, dinner was a big club sandwich and fries and a big ice-cream thing for dessert. Breakfast the next morning was granola and bagels and probably more than a QUART of orange juice (OOOOH how I miss Orange juice!!!!!), and lunch was egg rolls, crab rangoon, low mein, and a huge frozen custard sunday! (Is that all? LOL)

I was hoping to get sick. Really. So I wouldn't have the urge to to it again. Well, I really really enjoyed the food! Especially the tosted bagels and orange juice. I didn't get sick really, just "stuffy". Stuffy in my sinuses, and stuffy in my brain. I felt so slow and sluggish and I ended up falling asleep in the car (DH was driving). I got a headache. It was like I was drunk or something.

But the worst part was being at a resort with my DH (WITHOUT our 3 small children!) and just wanted to lay down and sleep. I had no urge to.....to.......YOU KNOW..... Spend some "quality time" with him. Sad. So sad!

Oh, and the most embarrasing thing, when I got home, I got gas, very foul-smelling gas. YUCK! I had to keep going from room to room just to get away from it! My 3yo even said "Wats dat stinky smell, mama?" I said "your father".

So, in the end of this great experiment I conclude that I "deserved" to stay low carb so I could feel good and enjoy myself. I don't think I'd do it again. Sure, the food was good, but I felt so "stoned" and stuffy that I didn't really enjoy the other things about the trip.

I wonder how much weight I gained? I'm going to weigh in a few days. I'm actually happy to get back to my low carbing. But I'm glad I did the experiment, now I know better the next time I feel like going on a binge!

Nelllie
Sponsored Links