View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 14:00

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%
Default Paddles

Hi Paddles, I keep writing, Pebbles, that's my daughter's dog's name <g>, sorry!

It's a well known fact that you can feel quite awful the first few days when your body is making the switch, Making sure you drink PLENTY of water does help, though, and it's no more than three or 4 days at the most, and well worth it, I think!

Protein powder... needs must, is a saying, I believe, I had change-of-life problems, and this was the best way for me to get the necessary amount of soy. It works very well, so I'm happy with it!

Of course we need exercise, but normally the advice is to first get into Atkins properly and then slowly start building up some routines. I walk my dogs three times a day for 10 to 15 minutes. It's not much, but at the moment I can't do more really. And I walk and run in our own field, which is quite hilly, so that counts double <g>.

Desserts.. as I said to Lisa, I don't really care much for sweet things, and my metabolism is just far too sensitive for anything extra. But you don;t need to lsoe nealry as much weight as I do, so maybe you could take a nice cup of decaf coffee with cream for dessert, or a bit of extra nice cheese?

The wonderful thing is that there's always something you can take, you never need to go hungry!

lots of fun and success,
Willeke