#1   ^
Old Sun, May-08-16, 06:40
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 194/160/130 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default "Oldie" from OK

I have been Low Carbing on and off for years. I mostly used it to lose a few pounds then went back to my usual way of eating (I know, right???)

However, I was widowed 18 months ago and found comfort in "comfort food" which I knew was not a Good Thing, particularly since I am a T2 diabetic, but did it anyway. I raced from 150# up to 194# which - for my 5' 1" frame - was definitely not good. My blood glucose was high and my A1C was horrible at 7.3, up from 5.1. My blood pressure has been high since I gained so much weight.

All this to say that I am now firmly back on low carb but now intend it to be my way of life rather than a quick fix. I am down to 172 today, but have a long way to go. I don't expect (or want) to be back to the 100# that I was in my 20s (I am 69) but I do want to get back to a weight that allows me to be more active and energetic than I am now.

I am currently having problems with my fasting blood glucose (which I will ask about in the diabetic forum) but I think it is slowly getting under control.
Sponsored Links