#4   ^
Old Fri, May-07-21, 10:31

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbahn
I don't know whether there's much correlation between eating and reaction to the vaccine. Certainly we've seen a wide variety among the people on this forum. I've also seen a wide variety among people I know and it includes plenty of junk eaters that had no reaction and whole food eaters that had a strong reaction.

I've been LC for around 18 years now, seldom eat any processed foods at all. I had a relatively mild reaction to the first shot (the brain fog and dizziness were the strongest reactions), fairly strong reaction to the 2nd one. (extremely achy and tired, feverish, slept almost constantly for a good 24-36 hours, and was still a bit out of it for another day or two)

There's speculation that the reaction has a lot to do with hormones (more estrogen generally = stronger reaction, even 15+ years post-menopausal, I have more estrogen than DH, who had little to no reaction to either dose, but eats loads of processed foods), whether you've been exposed to the virus before (those who have had confirmed cases of the virus, then got the shot almost always have a stronger reaction), or just have a very strong immune system that goes into hyper-drive with any vaccine, especially the 2nd dose of a covid vaccine.

But really, I've seen so many different gradients of reactions among people of all different ages, all different health markers, all different diets - I'm not sure whether processed or unprocessed, LC or high carb food has much bearing on it at all - how you feel overall, yes, but not so much when it comes to the vaccine.