View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-12-20, 10:38

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Haha, well I definitely fall into this category too. I'll be 68 at the end of the month. I was a skinny kid until I hit puberty and then the weight started to come on. By high school I'd gotten up to about 160 (which man I'd just about KILL to be now). My mom and a friend sent me and the friend's daughter to Weight Watchers together, though neither of us lost weight.

Age eleven:

From then on I struggled, though I wish I could just be there now. All through my 20's I dieted and dieted. I took up running, all sorts of exercise - skiing, racketball. At times I got as low as 150, but as soon as I relaxed a bit it bounced back to about 165.

Age twenty-five:

When I hit 30 I I had a fall and destroyed the posterior cruciate ligament in my left knee. I needed surgery, was in a wheelchair for a few months, crutches for months after that, a year of physical therapy. And it was like it set off a storm in my body, weight began piling insanely. Within less that 18 months after my injury I was up to 320 pounds.

And life has been a constant struggle ever since then - nearly 40 years ago now and I've been seriously obese ever since, up to nearly 400 pounds at my top.

First discovered LC with Protein Power in 1997, when I was hovering about 340 at the time. I went on PP and within 14 months I was down to 275. And then I stalled, and stalled, and stalled, and stalled. After 3 years I was still at 275 and I was so discouraged I fell face down into the carbs and before I knew it had gained back all the weight and the proverbial "and then some" all the way up to 375.

Fast forward to 2006 when I had just given up and decided I might as well eat whatever I wanted and just die. But I decided after a while that I didn't want to die just yet, and went back to LC since it was the only thing that had ever worked. A lot slower this time and it took me three years to get back down to 275 by 2009. And then once again I stalled, and stalled, and stalled,and stalled.

Been stalled at +/-275 for 11 years now and nothing I've tried has been able to shake that number. 2009 was when I joined these forums hoping to get some good advice on breaking the stall. I've tried ever popular idea that's come along in the last 11 years: Atkins Induction again, JUDDD diet, Optimal Diet, 5:2 diet, intermittent fasting, keto, paleo, potato hack, carnivore.

They've all worked to get me back to 275 if my weight had started to creep up a bit, but in every case as soon as I got back to around +/-275 it was like hitting a brick wall.

So I still haven't found the magic, and my fairy godmother never seems to show up to wave her magic wand at me. But hope springs eternal event though as I get older it seems harder and harder.