View Single Post
  #184   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 23:06
Registered Member

Plan: ---
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress:

This thread is awesome and it came just in the nick of time. I was anorexic for many, many years and after my last child (single mom at 38 yrs. old) I kind of got a little healthy. Then I got married and went through some tough times emotionally. Last year our daughter (then 14) was diagnosed with a mental illness and I really put on pounds. I would try to eat less, eat healthier, do more but somehow couldn't make it more than 3 - 4 days. I've been so scared to loose and end up anorexic again that I would sabotage myself. I turned to food to comfort me and make me feel better - it fills me emotionally but the physical toll was horrible - my back and knees were keeping me in constant pain. In May I started low carbing and lost some weight. But, like so many others I did well during the week but weekends were tough. I'm also a care-taker and felt guilty about not cooking/eating what my family were. Now I realize that I have a responsibility to me first and that there is 'healthy selfishness.' I've lost 19 lbs. since May and have 11 more to go to hit my goal weight. This will hopefully delay knee replacement surgery for me and I know that emotionally I feel better than I have in many years. Now I have to really do some soul searching and find out why I sabotage myself in other areas of my life - and why I'm scared to make friends and always have to be 'busy' to the point of 'all work and no relaxation.' Thank you, thank you, thank you for this thread - and this group. I don't post much but I sure do read a lot and that provides so much support for me. As I increase my self-knowledge I will share it, but also need to set up a journal for myself. I think that's going to help an awful lot too.

dashykathy