View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 12:39

Plan: Atkins ("true" Induction since April 1)
Stats: 184.5/172/130
BF:yuck%/yuck%/yuck%
Progress: 23%
Default Re: Hi fellow Texan

Quote:
Originally posted by hippygal
I too am in the Houston area.(Sugar Land). I found Diet Rite cola at Kroger's. I haven't tried it yet though. I am addicted to diet cherry 7 up even though it has aspertame. I just have 1 per day. It is my dessert. I am glad you started this thread.
let's see.... since induction I have been to Luby's, Saltgrass,Chili's and Outback. I have been very successful at finding low carb food there. In a rush I opt for Chick-fil-a's Chicken ceasar! It is good !
I have done the tex mex trick but I was at Ninfa's.
Let me know if you find any more spots! Also GNC in the Park Shops Downtown sells alot of Atkins Products !

Hi! Another Houstonian!

I also found Diet Rite at Kroger the other day....but I only saw the cola flavor. Have you seen any other flavors, like orange or root beer? I've seen people on these board talk about other flavors.

What did you have at Chilis and Ninfas that were Induction-friendly? I haven't been to Chilis in forever, but I LOVE tex-mex.

I'll try to check out the GNC downtown.....do you shop at Fiesta? Every Fiesta I've been in has had a big Atkins section. I think you can look up specific stores on the Atkins website...but don't go to any Randall's.....I went to two Randalls stores and they didn't have ANY Atkins products, even though they were listed on the Atkins website!

Thanks for the tips!!!

Anshim