#21   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-10, 13:46

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl2
Seejay, I take it that you began the RR program with the "browns" (recommended carbs) but have since moved away from that?
I do have "browns" if they are things like root vegetables and wild rice starches, but I avoid grains as a carb source. I do not have them in the amounts you might see at RR - instead I have 15-20 g per meal. I get more of my energy from saturated fat.

Quote:
If I got that part right, then I have another question. If you completely fell off of the sugar wagon and had to start all over again, what would be your approach? Would you start over with the carbs? Or go straight to what you are doing now with the fats?
Hm good question!

I would not want to go right from face-down in the sugar, to JK which is minimal protein and carb and the rest fat. It would make me feel crashy if the past was anything to go by. Even JK in his book says, if you feel awful at first, add 15-20 g more carb, more protein, and correspondingly less fat.

I guess I would start over with the steps in order. I would use potatoes, sweet potatoes, maybe oats which don't trigger me, and wild rice for the "browns", at equal volume with the protein (e.g. the fist-sized portion). No fake bread, flour products, wheat, or corn, that's for sure. I would make sure I got the recommended protein, and not be afraid of good butter and fatty meats. For dessert and so not to do a sudden sugar withdrawal, I would use fruit and whipped cream sweetened with real sweetener not artificial. Or chocolate if I were a chocolate person (I'm not).

And then after I felt great again I would crank down the protein and carb to the levels I use now. [/QUOTE]