View Single Post
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 08:01

Plan: Atkins/testing CAD
Stats: 198/184/145
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default A chance to sabatoge..

I had the perfect condidtions for self-sabatoge over the last 4 days. Life was hectic running around with my husband and realtor trying to find a home to buy. We were eating out more than usual, up early, to bed late, and I had to make a major deciision. Yep, thats all it takes to set me off on an eating frenzy. Especially when buying a home didn't feel very positive to me. But then of course I have a history of going into an eating frenzy celebrating good things too!! I guess all it takes is feeling emotionally charged, positively or negatively doesn't matter.

But this time was different. Why didn't I blow it and justify eating whatever I wanted? For me answering that question was important because I need to know what helps me to stay on course just as much as I need to know what causes me to sabagoe myself if I hope to succed this time. In my mind they are just opposite sides of the same coin.

The thoughts certainly went through my mind many times to eat what I wanted and worry about Atkins later and heaven knows my emotions were charged up too. So why didn't I blow it? Some might say it was because I was more committed to losing weight, but I know that wasn't true. The truth is, what kept me going was the sheer fact that the only thing I really have under my control in my life right now is what I put in my mouth. Somewhere inside me I knew that If I surrender that, I won't have control over anything. It was actually the fear of losing this one area of control that kept me on course.