View Single Post
  #1436   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-21, 08:11

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Lori, sorry you are feeling under the weather today, Hon! I understand wanting to do the challenge and support you in that but listen to your body too. There are no medals to be had, ya know!

Gabby behaved EXACTLY like children do. I swear my husband could have been right in the room with the kids and they would yell MOM!! I was like, WTH you have two parents and ONE IS RIGHT THERE. lol

I'm glad your steaks were so good! I almost hate to order steak out anymore bc the upcharge is RIDICULOUS and I can make them just as well if not better.

Jaz- Yeah, I really don't think it is a UTI, I think it is old age. Sophie is coming up on 14 and being a 50 pound dog (at one time, on average) she is really hitting the end of her time, realistically. Of course it is not easy, not at all, and I will be so sad. But she has had such a good life with us. I remember going to the shelter weekly for months and then there she was. Terrified, sad but with the kindest, most gentle eyes. Good thing I had no idea of her shedding capabilities- OMG!

So, so great on the weight loss!! Seriously!! I asked before, do you know why you suddenly started losing? Can you pinpoint what changed or what you might have done differently? Do you think it has to do with walking Ruger, or the stairs, or both? Or some other change you made? I am so curious but absolutely thrilled for you!

Trig- I am utterly delighted (god such an old woman word but it truly fits) hearing these stories about your DD. Now that I don't have kiddos at home it really is fun to hear about someone else's day in-day out with a teen. RIDE THAT WAVE AS LONG AS SHE'LL LET YOU!! To me it sounds like she is just really, really happy in her skin right now, you know? Which we all know makes a Mama's heart really, really glad.

I'm really glad you are getting better, although it taking a hot minute, bless your heart. You have been through it and I hope it never comes back!

Yes, we are getting close to that point with Sophie. She is still a happy girl, so it's tough, but daily I am seeing her struggle- dragging paws, walking into things, pooping-while-walking LOL

Screened porch- I LOVE IT. Bella and I also did some front porch sitting yesterday evening, then back on the screened porch for the sunset. I'm working on training Bella to stay on the front porch while I am sitting there and to not wander. Sophie doesn't get to play a part in this because she can't hear and can't see well- difficult to train her that way. She did make a good walk today though- we tried to go to the dog park but there is a golden retriever puppy, about 10 months or so, that Bella is not fond of because he jumps all in her face as puppies do. We will get used to him but with both the dogs, it was too much and I just bypassed it today.

Anyway, back to the screened porch. If we expand the back I want to make the screened porch bigger and/or make it a three season room so I can use it most of the year. I am in love with it! Then also have a patio area as well, probably.

So I've worked most of what I would have said into this post. I had a GLORIOUS day yesterday with amazing beach weather, late lunch at Big Fish at 4, and lots of time outside. I may extend my visit here an extra day or two as DH will be in Annapolis with his parents and the weather looks perfect for beach days next week. I won't get out there the next couple of days bc of this camp thing I'm doing.

The recliners look like they will be delivered right when camp is starting, unfortunately, but that should be the only major interruption of the day. Fingers crossed!