#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 209/179.5/140 Female 5'8"
BF:I am afraid to ask
Progress: 43%
Default Tried to stop Lexapro - BIG Mistake

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in here and say I tried to stop my Lexapro. I read in the Atkins book that most people could avoid anti-depressants (particularly Celexa, which I used to take) and let me tell you I have been in the worst low in the longest time, for about the last 2 weeks. I am talking all the bad thoughts and everything. It sucks, I have been crying all day (got some not good news about my grandma's health) and I haven't been able to stop crying... AND the worst part is I am at work... So when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to stop the sniffles much longer I left and as soon as I got in the car I was hysterical sobbing... So I decided to go to Wal-Mart and refill my prescription the whole time I was there everyone was staring at me and the more they stared the worse I felt and the harder I was crying... it was horrible. It got to the point I was gasping/hiccuping for air. I hate crying in front of my hubby muchless strangers. So I wanted to come on here and tell ANYONE that was considering going off their meds to PLEASE talk to you doctor first... This was probably the worst decision I have ever made in regards to my mental health. and yes I have lost 30#'s on the LC WOL and Yes I look better than I have in a long time, but what good is that if I loose control of my emotions and do something stupid? So I started my Lexapro again about 3 hours ago and implore anyone thinking of doing what I did to NOT do it! it's not worth it... I would rather loose my weight extremely slow than to hurt myself and devistate my family. I just wanted to share and get that off my chest, you don't have to reply or anything... Just think about it.

~Tiffany
Sponsored Links