View Single Post
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Dec-02-20, 10:29

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Week5 of GLC+50 (Week 19) in the books, and the scale says.....188.2. Up 1.8 from the last weigh-in....not great, but not unexpected. Although the mirror said I was still in a good place, I knew the scale would tell a slightly less glorious tale.

(Musings - Isn't it weird how when you have not been good you dread getting on the scale, and try to lightly step on it so that it provides more favorable feedback? I sometimes peer at it out of the corner of my eyes, as if that might change the reading. Stepping on the scale should be straight forward, simple, clinical, just an objective measurement, but I still dread it most times. I normally start thinking about it the day before, and thinking of ways to get the scale to show me what I want (as I weigh myself weekly))

It was the week of Thanksgiving, and although I ate less carbs than in the past, I did have stuffing, a few pieces of cake, a couple small cookies, and a few non-low carb beers. I mostly met my goal of having no more than 50 extra carbs per day, but I did stray some. The next 2.5 weeks I will be better, but to be honest, this will probably be a slow slide until life returns to normal after January 3rd, and I am OK with that. I feel I have done the heavy lifting to put myself in a position to relax when my son visits 12/18-1/3, and although I am confident I will maintain some control, I am also confident I can jump right back in the saddle and repair the damage done.

Workouts in the weight room have been good, but I have found excuses not to run, which is not good. Shoulder is holding up acceptably. The colder weather definitely makes it harder to get motivated to get outside. I have been doing work outside cleaning up along the fence line, so in my mind I have justified my lack of running. Sometimes I wish there was a pill you could take that would have the same benefits as a hard workout (although I always feel good, and pleased with myself, when I knock out the days lifting routine).

OK, well off on another week. Today I had some cheese and almonds for breakfast as I had an optometrist appointment so no time for eggs, and for lunch I am going to cube some sirloin and stir fry it up, probably with a salad. Steak for dinner. Less than 6 days and I get on the scale again:-)