#23   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 11:35

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Our local grocery, Tops, has instituted a 6-7:30 am Senior Hour to let the most vulnerable shop without crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
Who the heck goes shopping at that hour??? I'm 66 & a fairly early riser, but no way am I going into town in the wee hours. I'm going shopping today, but we're not planning on leaving the house until at least nine. That gives me a chance to be properly caffeinated.

I'm also 66, just retired a few months ago from working as a self scan attendant at a grocery store, where I started my shift at 6:30am, and you'd be shocked at the sheer number of older customers we had at that hour. For that matter, since it was a 24 hour store, many of those older customers would come to the store every single day, and be done with their shopping, checkout, and heading out the door just as I walked in the store around 6:15-6:20am. There were also older customers who showed up later in the day of course, but the ones who were there so early were obviously habitual early risers who for many reasons preferred to get to the store very early.