#34   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-12, 13:46

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Kevy
Reading this thread raises a question for me: what do people mean by going off the wagon? Is it a slow creeping of carbs back into the diet? Is it a wholesale return to former eating habits? Or something else?

Part of why I ask is that I've stalled for the past 2 weeks: no weight loss. I can't see any dietary change and have maintained pretty much (within daily fluctuations) food intake that is less than 2,000 cals/day, less than 70 g carb/day, and a breakdown of about 20%/50%/30% carb/fat/protein.

Kevy

I would just 'maintain' on anything more than 40 net grams carb a day, and if my protein was over 25% than I'd even stall out and possibly even GAIN a bit.

AND..there is the post induction stall. Meaning that after a couple weeks..you will not lose SCALE weight, you might lose inches.

But there was never a week in which I lost anything (even at 265 lbs. I"m 5' 1") if my carbs were over 30 to 35 net grams, and if my protein exceeded 25% and if my fat weren't at LEAST 65% (and keeping fat at 70% plus really made me shed weight FAST).