Thread: Is a Vitamin D
View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Oct-18-09, 07:06

Plan: My own
Stats: 290/250/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hello, Ted. I am happy to see you over here! I have read and benefitted from many of your of your posts and links on this site. Thank you for them. If the rule of thumb that every 1,000 IU of D3 raises serum 25(OH)D 10 points is near accurate, I hope to see over 50 on my next test. Then we'll see where to go from there.

Honestly, in a way I was fishing (pun intended) when I mentioned Lovaza to see if anyone here would link to one of the many condemnations in Davis's blog. ;-)

I pay a $22 copay (no sales tax, no shipping) for a 90 day supply of 360 capsules (three 120 capsule bottles) of Lovaza. That's 6¢ per capsule, not $4.33. At $37.98, Davis pays Costco (which we don't have around here) 58% more for two 180 capsule bottles than I do for Lovaza.

Were I not able to get the Lovaza so inexpensively, I'd choose the equivalent amount of Carlson's finest fish oil (two 500ml and one 200 ml bottle) at 2.6 teaspoons per day. I'd personally pay Amazon $55-60 for that (or Nordic Naturals) before I'd buy a product from an unknown manufacturer.